Vacancies at the Smart Domain Group
We currently have three positions available at the Smart Domain Group. We are looking for a new SEO Specialist/Content Writer, a new Sales Executive and a new PHP Developer. Please see our vacancy positions and the expected qualifications and duties below.
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure to check back here in the future for any further vacancies.
SEO Specialist/Content Writer
We are currently seeking an individual to join us here at Smart Domain Group as part of our SEO and website content team. We create bespoke SEO campaigns for our clients to better their search results in Google and write our clients website.
Experience would be ideal but training is an option we would consider.
- Qualifications in A-Level/Degree in English (English Language/Literature or Journalism )
- Journalism/marketing or similar college course
- Ideally 2 Years or more experience in SEO
The ideal person for this role will need to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Use of Microsoft programs (Word and Excel mainly)
- Organisational skills, allowing you to manage multiple projects every month
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work under pressure to meet deadlines
- A keen eye for detail
- Team worker to collaborate with the rest of the team
- Able to work on their own
- Ability to accept internal changes (e.g. change of software)
- Keenness/drive to improve client results
- Understanding of how search engines work
For this role, you will be given training in how to:
- Identify KPIs and benchmarking
- Create strategies for SEO campaigns
- Carry out keyword research and competitor analysis
- Monitor and adjust SEO campaigns to improve results
- Carry out relevant tasks to achieve SEO objectives
- Use Google Analytics and Search Console for enquiry/conversion tracking
- Clearly present results to clients
Working hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm. The Smart Domain Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Salary: £20,000 + Open Ended Commission + Travel Expenses + Pension (company car supplied after a qualifying period).
Based in Chatham, Kent (Driving Licence and Car Required)
The Smart Domain Group, a well-established digital marketing company is looking for a highly energised Sales Person to sell our marketing services and solutions.
You will have an aptitude for communication, utilising verbal, written, and numerical channels in order to build relationships with our clients and your colleagues.
A real desire to succeed in a competitive sales environment and a high level of confidence and self-belief. Plus a drive to achieve and exceed targets and, a motivation to earn more money.
If you have previous experience working in a telesales/client facing role, or think you have the personality to sell successfully this might be the ideal role for you.
As a Sales Person you will work with the marketing/sales team to run targeted lead generation campaigns and promptly follow up with prospects on the telephone to arrange a meeting in the office or at their place of business.
It is anticipated that initially over 50% of your workload will be telephone-based sales prospecting.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with sales/marketing department to define new business sales campaigns
- Lead generation
- New business telephone-based prospecting
- Visiting prospective clients
- Building effective relationships over the telephone
- Sales Presentations
- Update CRM system
- Handle inbound and outbound calls
The region includes Kent, parts of Essex and Sussex. Travel will be required. You will report to the Office Manager.
Your Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Be a confident self-starter with a genuine interest in websites/technology.
- Have Lead Generation/Telesales experience with a willingness to make numerous calls daily.
- Have experience selling.
- Be confident liaising with clients at all levels.
- Have outstanding people skills with strong written and oral communication skills
- Have impeccable presentation skills.
- Be driven and organised
- Have an ability to build relationships easily
The Smart Domain Group is a Digital Marketing Company. Our clients include large enterprise, mid-market and small sole trader businesses’.
Please visit our website www.sdgwebdesign.com for further information on our services.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.30pm. The Smart Domain Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
PHP/Full Stack Developer
We are looking for an adaptable, creative and motivated candidate to join our team. The person must have a friendly ‘can-do’ attitude. This role would suit somebody who is a good communicator, enjoys new challenges, varied tasks and quick-turnaround projects.
- Collaborating with design, strategy and sales teams to find solutions for the client’s digital projects
- Turning PSD/Ai mock-ups, into fully functional web sites, apps or HTML emails
- You will be working on new projects using our own in-house CMS and eCommerce (forked osCommerce) platforms
- Supporting/providing additional development to existing projects
- Turning designs provided by our designers into functional websites
- On occasion you may be required to provide internal IT Support & Web/Mail Server support
- 3 years minimum commercial PHP5/7 Web Development (OOP) and Design experience
- Experience of developing in a Windows/PHP/MySQL Server environment
- Experience of Bootstrap 2, 3 & 4
- Experience of Ecommerce and CMS Sites
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Fireworks etc)
- Comprehensive knowledge of web fundamentals & best practices (Accessibility, Usability, Coding Standards etc)
- Solid understanding of SEO
- Skills to be able to provide general IT Support, PC troubleshooting and Maintenance in the office if necessary
- Confident with project time estimations/quotations and working to deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) and patience
- You will be dealing with our clients directly on a regular basis to gather requirements/provide support
- Excellent personal organisational skills
- An amazing eye for detail
Desirable but not essential:
- ASP (Classic)
- MVC Frameworks such as Laravel, Yii, Zend
You must be able to demonstrate a portfolio of previous commercial projects.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.30pm
The Smart Domain Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.